- Writes the novel
- Writes a query letter
- Writes a synopsis
- Finds a market
- Employs an agent
- Checks contract (so does legal firms)
- Locates future markets for future novels (doing that yourself)
- Paid Hourly as any other employee or percentage of sale of book?
- Edits story? Yes/No?
- Organises Cover including picture
- Writes Blurb for back cover
- Organises ISBN?
- Controls Print Run
- Controls Price
- Controls Storage and returns
- Advertises new releases
- Pays royalties to author or agent?
- Also sells via internet as e-book
- First hurdle is writing the book that reaches a standard ready for publishing
- Second hurdle is writing a query letter and synopsis to gain attention
- Third hurdle is locating a Publisher
- Fourth hurdle is locating an Agent (or legal firm willing to check contract)